Laxmi puja is an important part of Diwali festival celebrated in Hindu culture, Goddess Laxmi puja is worshiped on the day of Dhanteras and Akshaya Tritiya. One who invokes Goddess Laxmi puja for wealth and prosperity. The festival is celebrated across India, with great enthusiasm, especially in Maharashtra and Gujarat. The puja is usually performed during the month of October or November, on the day of Amavasya, the new moon night. The festival of Diwali is celebrated across the country. This festival is celebrated on the new moon day of the Krishna Paksha of the month of Kartik. People make preparations on a large scale to celebrate Diwali, the great festival of lights and worship Goddess Laxmi puja with rituals. On this day Goddess Laxmi puja and Ganesha, the god of wisdom and Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, should be worshiped according to the rules and regulations. The night of Diwali is also known as the night of Sarvartha Siddhi. The worship and rituals performed on this day bestow immense auspiciousness. It is very auspicious to recite Kanak Dhara Stotra, Shri Sukta and Laxmi puja Sukta on this day. Goddess Laxmi puja is pleased with this.
More about this source In this blog, we will explore the significance and rituals of Mahalaxmi Puja in detail.
Significance of Mahalaxmi Puja
Goddess Mahalaxmi is considered to be the goddess of wealth, prosperity, and abundance. She is believed to be the one who brings good luck and success to those who worship her with devotion. Mahalaxmi Puja is a way of invoking the blessings of the goddess to ensure that prosperity and abundance prevail in one’s life. The festival is an occasion for families together celebrate the blessings of the goddess.
Samagri for Lakshmi Puja
Statue of Goddess Laxmi puja sitting on lotus, statue of Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati, lotus and rose flowers, five nuts, mango branch, uncut betel leaf, roli, vermilion, saffron, Akshat, betel nut, fruits, flowers, sweets, Milk, curd, honey, perfume, gangajal, kalava, paddy slag, batasha, brass lamp, earthen lamp, oil, pure ghee, cotton wick, kalash, a coconut, silver Laxmi puja Ganesh coins, clean flour, Red or yellow cloth for seat, post.
Rituals of Mahalaxmi Puja
Mahalaxmi Puja is performed in different ways across different parts of India. However, the basic rituals are the same. Here are the steps involved in performing the puja.
Preparing for the Puja
- The first step is to clean the house and the puja room. Decorate with flowers, lights and other traditional items. Make a beautiful colourful rangoli outside and inside the house.
- First of all, clean and purify the puja Altar. After this, spread a red cloth on the Altar.
Now install the idols of Laxmi puja, Ganesha and Saraswati.
- The next step is to set up the puja altar. The altar should be decorated with Akshat rice, elaichi, laung, supari, lotus Seed, lotus flowers, Panchameva, Ghee, Chunri, flowers, fruits, the image of the goddess should be placed on the altar, along with other traditional items like diyas, incense sticks, and camphor.
- The puja begins with the invocation of the goddess. The priest or the head of the family recites prayers and mantras to invoke the blessings of the goddess.
- Fill a vessel with pure water and add Ganga water to it and purify the whole house by sprinkling it along with the chowki, idol, worship material.
- Before starting the worship, purify yourself by sprinkling water on yourself.
Resolution is very important in worship, so take a resolution by calming the mind with full devotion.
- Now taking Akshat, flowers, water and one rupee coin in the right hand while pronouncing your name, gotra, place and date, take a resolution that I am worshiping Maa Laxmi puja, Ganesha and Saraswati on the auspicious occasion of Diwali festival. May I get scriptural results from worship.
- Make a pile of rice near Maa Laxmi puja. Fill water in the urn and install it on it.
Mix ghee and vermilion and make a symbol of Swastik on the urn.
- Tie Kalava on the mouth of the Kalash. After this, place a mango branch on top of the Kalash and place a coconut on it.
- Light a lamp of pure ghee in a plate. Salute all the deities by bowing your head with Tilak. Offer five dry fruits, fruits, etc.
- The next step is to offer prasad to the goddess. The prasad usually consists of sweets, fruits, kheel, batashe and other items that are considered auspicious.
- Now remember your family deities by lighting a big lamp of mustard oil.
Worship the place of ornaments, money, Vidya Devi etc.
- After this, perform aarti of Maa Laxmi puja, Ganesh and Saraswati and offer bhog.
Now light up every corner of the whole house with a lamp. The puja concludes with the aarti,
which is a ritual in which the worshippers sing songs and light diyas to honor the goddess.
The aarti is usually accompanied by the sound of bells and other traditional musical instruments
Mahalaxmi puja should be done in every house. If you want to get infinite grace of Goddess Mahalaxmi then decide to do Mahalaxmi puja today and to book Pandit of your community in your city contact panditjeeonline.in or call 9662001600.We have more than 1700 Vedic Panditji in our team.
Name Of Goddess Mahalaxmi Jaap Mantra
ॐ आद्यलक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ विद्यालक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ सौभाग्यलक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ अमृतलक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ कामलक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ सत्यलक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ भोगलक्ष्म्यै नम:,
ॐ योगलक्ष्म्यै नम:।।
We all bow down to all the forms of Maa Laxmi puja again and again. Maa Laxmi puja, Vidya Laxmi puja, Maa Laxmi puja who bestows good fortune, Mata Amrit Swaroopa, Satya Laxmi puja, Vaibhav Laxmi puja, Yoga Laxmi puja, we all bow down to you again and again, bow down to you.
Maha Laxmi Puja is a festival that celebrates the blessings of the goddess of wealth and prosperity. It is a time for families to come together and celebrate the abundance and prosperity that the goddess brings. By following the rituals of the puja with devotion, one can invoke the blessings of the goddess and ensure that prosperity prevails in their life.